Monday, April 9, 2012

How Much Does A Garden Grow: March

Oh, goodness, you guys!  I'm so sorry -- I was out of the office the past week and had a blog post all queued up to run in my absence, but something happened and it didn't post.  Then, when I tried to post it remotely, the combo of an iffy wi-fi system and an iPad meant that I actually erased the post and couldn't reconstruct it on the road.  Mea culpa.

Anyway, it is time for the March gardening summary!  Again, March is a month of expenditures rather than profits, as I get the garden in gear.  I succumbed to the temptation to order two more trees for the dwarf micro-orchard, a banana and an olive.  My parents "babysat" the new trees while I was gone, and they say they are growing already.  Now:  Must. Not. Buy. More. Trees!  Total expenditure for the month:  $42.93 for trees.

As far as harvests, just four ounces of produce:  one of chard, two of lettuce, and one of green onions.  Total harvest:  $1.58.  Really am ready for months of huge harvests to come.

Anyway, I am pleased with the way the garden is coming along, with tomato and pepper seedlings in the sunroom and potatoes popping up in the garden along with progress from all the other plants.  We will be seeing a significant harvest one month soon, I just know it!

2012 Tally to Date
0.375 lbs. harvested
$2.58 value of harvest
-$157.67 loss to date


Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment