Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Recipe Review: Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know how there are just those things that you particularly like the store-bought version of?

I know, I know, as a sustainable living blogger, I should be horrified at the thought of ingesting something processed or less than organic.  But, I'll admit, there are a few things that I just like the processed version of, and I have trouble replacing them even with the purest, most love-filled homemade version.

One of these things was a particular type of boxed cookie mix that comes in festive flavors like key lime, orangeade, and the like.  I really liked the flavor, although I am not fond of the GMOs, the possible pesticide and herbicide residue, and the price.

But now I have a solution.  Let's visit another blogger who has solved my problem:  Chocolate, Chocolate and More.  Come back after you take a look.

Her cherry cookies looked like the bomb (pun intended), so I altered it a bit to make my version.  I used 2 Tbsp of raspberry Jello, omitted the pudding, and focused on using sustainably-produced ingredients, like local farm eggs, organic butter, and organic flour and sugar.  My only processed ingredients were the Jello and the white chocolate chips.

Voila!  A cookie with lots of raspberry flavor and a much better health profile.  I can't wait to try lime, lemon, and orange Jello with complementary chip flavors (like white with the orange to make creamsicle!).  And, I know I'm getting a lot more cookies of a better quality than my mix provided. I'm sold.  Thank you, Chocolate, Chocolate and More!

Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup organic butter, softened
1 cup organic sugar
2 Tbsp Raspberry Jello (just the powder)
2 pastured eggs
1/2 tsp organic vanilla
2 1/2 cup organic flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bag white chocolate chips

Mix butter, sugar, Jello, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt together and stir until creamy.  Add flour, then fold in chips.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Let cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.  Makes about 4 dozen.




Pin It!

12 comments :