The thing is, many of the sustainability projects and activities I'm doing aren't new; they're the regular late summer things. So, I'm taking a leaf out of The Non-Consumer Advocate's book and telling you what I'm up to today. (But before you read, please head on over to The Non-Consumer Advocate and tell Katy how much you love her blog!)
Today I am....
- Dealing with some challenging work projects.
- Looking for just the right new writing project for fall to replace a gig that fell through.
- Visiting the farmer's market for organically-raised stew beef so I can make Mr. FC&G some pressure canned jars of beef stew for his winter lunches. I love the thought that he can take a jar with him to work and either reheat it that day or have it available the next day. Since he sometimes works 16 hours at a stretch, finding food that's healthy and that travels well to work is really important if I want him to eat well and avoid the fast food.
- Trying to figure out whether Mr. FC&G is pulling one of the aforementioned 16-hour shifts tonight, which would leave me to find something to do on my own.
- Contemplating whether that "something to do" will be crocheting and watching Netflix. I'm excited about a new line of bamboo/silk yoga socks I have in my Etsy store, and I'm eager to add more.
- Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning! I don't want to open my eyes until that clock reads double digits in the hours column, thank you very much!
So how about you? Tell me what sustainable activities you're up to!