Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Surprise Potatoes

I love this.

Remember this guy?  This was my sanity-preserving potato plant, which I grew by shoving a sprouting potato into a hanging basket over the winter just to have something green I could look at during the gardening off-season.

Yesterday, I finally got around to hauling all of the furniture out of the sun room so I could sweep and steam clean the floors, wipe down the furniture, and generally repair the damage from planting season, and I emptied that pathetic hanging basket and its pathetic potato vine.

I found two small, new potatoes.  What fun!  You can bet I will slip those into my dinner tonight, and just enjoy one last chuckle at the potatoes that have kept me sane all winter and now have kicked off the potato harvest for the main crop part of the year.
Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment