Thursday, April 9, 2015

Seeking Reader Input on Etsy

As most of you know, I work a "very part-time" job running an Etsy store, Carrot Creations.  I've always loved Etsy because they make it so easy for small artisans to sell their work to a worldwide audience.

Recently, in pursuit of an IPO, Etsy has made the decision to allow more manufactured items to be listed, which has resulted in the site hosting many mass-produced items in addition to its original handmade creations.  I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet, but it has made many of us concerned that our products will be lost in the mass of "normal" goods.

I'm trying to decide if Etsy is still the best platform for my hand-crocheted goods, and I thought I'd poll my FC&G readers for your opinion.  If you have a chance, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments about any/all of these factors:

  • Are you visiting Etsy more or less now than you used to before the influx of manufactured goods?
  • Do you find it hard to find the artisan-made goods you want?
  • Would you prefer to go to an artisan's own web site rather than Etsy, or would you prefer to go to Etsy to shop?
  • Other considerations?
Thank you in advance for your input!  And thanks for your readership and your support of FC&G and Carrot Creations!
Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment